- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ each onion, chopped
- ½ stalk celery, chopped
- ½ each carrot, chopped
- 3 each red bell pepper, stem removed, deseeded, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 each chipotle chilies, canned
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 each lemon, juice of
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan. Add onion, celery, carrot, red peppers and garlic. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, stirring frequently. Add the chicken stock and let reduce in volume by half. Add the cream and reduce in volume by half. Place in a blender the red pepper mixture, chipotle chilies, lemon juice and butter. Puree until completely liquidized, strain. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Red pepper chipotle sauce. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.