- 3 large (to 4) portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1 cup Red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ cup Fresh herbs like, finely chopped
- savory, thyme
- oregano, basil or
- 1 tablespoon Dried savory
1. Cut the stems from the caps of the mushrooms. Slice each stem in half lengthwise.
2. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and herbs in a bowl and blend well with a whisk. Let the marinade sit for 30 min if fresh herbs are used, or for 1 hour until the dried herbs soften.
3. Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat the broiler.
4. Place the mushroom caps and sliced stems in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over. Let marinate for up to 10 min, turning occasionally to ensure uniform coating.
5. Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and place them on the hot grill or in the broiler. Grill on each side for about 2 min. Remove from the grill, slice caps, and serve immediately.
Grilled Portobellos. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.