- 6 portobello mushrooms, cleaned
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¾ cups olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Prepare vinaigrette: Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a lidded jar. Shake well just before using. Lay clean mushrooms in a shallow baking dish and pour 1/2 cup of vinaigrette over it. Cover and marinate for up to 24 hours, turning the mushrooms once. When ready to cook, drain dressing; reserve for another purpose.
2. TO GRILL: Place on grill over warm coals for 5 to 10 minutes, turning once.
3. TO BROIL: Place on a baking sheet and set under broiler for 5 to 8 minutes.
4. TO BAKE: Place baking dish in preheated 425 F oven for about 15 minutes. NOTE: You may substitute sliced portobellos. However, you may need to grill them on a piece of foil to avoid breakage. Poke holes in the foil to assure a good smoky flavor.
Grilled Portobellos. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.