- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups ﬁrmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose ﬂour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch salt
- For the whipped cream:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. To make the ﬁlling, in a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cream, eggs, egg yolk, ﬂour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt and whisk until smooth. Pour into the crust.
2. Bake the pie until the ﬁlling is set but the center still jiggles slightly when the pie dish is gently shaken, about 50 minutes, or longer if using a metal pie dish. Transfer the dish to the rack and let the pie cool completely.
3. To make the whipped cream, in a deep bowl, combine the cream, granulated sugar and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream mixture until soft peaks form and the cream is billowy, about 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to 2 hours. Serve the pie at room temperature or slightly chilled, topped with the whipped cream. Serves 10.
4. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Collection Series, Dessert, by Abigail Johnson Dodge (Simon & Schuster, 2002 ).
Pumpkin Pie filling. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.