- For the filling:
- 2 ½ cups pumpkin puree (from about 1 1/2 cans of 15 oz. each)
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream for serving
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place the pie dish on the preheated cookie sheet. Bake until the filling is set, about 1 hour and 15 minutes, covering the edges of the crust with foil if they get too brown. Transfer the pie dish to the wire rack and let the pie cool completely, about 4 hours, before serving. Accompany each slice with a dollop of whipped cream.
Want To Try, Web
Pumpkin Pie Filling--Alternate. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.