- ¼ cup Marsala wine
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 to 5 large portobollo (portabella) mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. In a small bowl, combine Marsala wine, oregano, salt, and pepper.
2. In a large frying pan over medium heat, sauté mushrooms and garlic with some of the olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are tender and the garlic is soft but not brown. Remove from heat.
3. Add the wine mixture and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Add the gorgonzola cheese and stir to incorporate. Add butter and cook briefly to thicken slightly. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Marsala Portabella Mushrooms. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.