- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ ounces garlic, minced
- ¾ cup shiitake mushrooms, julienne cut
- ¾ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 sets filo dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a large sauté pan, melt butter and sauté garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add shiitake, button, porcini, and portobello mushrooms and sauté briefly. Deglaze pan with Marsala and add thyme. Cook on low heat until all liquid has evaporated. Remove thyme and chill mushroom mixture.
2. Place half of mixture at one end of Athens® Ready-To-Go Fillo Dough™, leaving 1” from each side free of filling. Roll fillo tucking edges as you go. Place seam side down on baking pan, score strudel into 4 equal portions and seal with melted butter. Repeat. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with grilled or sautéed vegetables.
GENERAL FILLO DOUGH HANDLING DIRECTIONS
1. Allow fillo dough to thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
2. Carefully unroll fillo sheets onto a smooth, dry surface.
3. Cover fillo completely with plastic wrap, then a damp towel.
4. Keep fillo covered until needed. Do not leave uncovered for more than one minute to avoid drying out.
5. Microwave butter until melted. This will give you a lighter and flakier pastry.
6. Brush each layer of fillo with melted butter, margarine or oil.
7. To prevent edges from cracking, brush edges first and then work into center.
8. Be sure to brush the last layer of fillo with melted butter.
9. Fillings should be chilled and not excessively moist.
10. Fillo may be rolled and refrozen to store when not in use.
Appetizers & Hors d'Oeuvres, Mushrooms, Web
Marsala Mushroom Strudel. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.