- Mustard Parmesan Coating:
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh, roughly chopped thyme
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 thick rib-eye steaks (about 2 to 2 1/2-inches)
- Grey salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 cups fresh, finely grated parmesan cheese
1. In a pre-heated saute pan over medium-low heat, pan roast the garlic in olive oil, tossing only once. Allow to brown for about 5 to 10 minutes. Drain the cloves through a strainer. Allow to cool before mashing roughly with fork. Add thyme to garlic paste and mash that in as well. When they are pasty but still chunky, mix in the Dijon mustard.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Preheat a grill to high.
3. Season steaks well with salt and pepper. Pound the seasonings in well. Drizzle steaks on both sides with olive oil. Place meat on grill to brown, about 5 minutes each side.
4. Remove steaks from grill, place on a large cookie tray. Cover top generously with mustard parmesan coating. Top with large piles of parmesan, spreading out to edges carefully with fingers. Place steaks in oven for 8 or 9 minutes.
Prime Rib-eye Steaks with Mustard Parmesan Crust . To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.