- 5 ½ lbs potatoes, medium sized
- 1 chorizo sausage 8-inch, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- ½ lb. bacon, 1 1/2" slices
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Arrange potatoes and sausages in a 9-by-14-inch casserole. Spinkle with garlic, salt, bacon, hot peppers, and paprika. Pour 1 cup wine over all.
3. 3 Cover with foil and cook in oven about an hour, checking occasionally. After an hour, add more wine if liquid has evaporated and cook, uncovered for 20 mnutes, until potatoes are browned.
4. Original servings: 10
Portuguese Potatoes and Sausage. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.