- 5 lbs pork loin
- 8 cloves garlic, or more if desired
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons Chef Paul Prudhomme's Pork and Veal Magic
- 4 Idaho potatoes
- 2 yams, or sweet potatoes
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice the onions and peppers into strips and toss into roasting pan. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch slices.
3. Slice the garlic cloves in half. Using a paring knife, slice slits into the pork loin and insert the garlic slivers. Sprinkle the Pork and Veal Magic all over the loin. Heat a skillet or griddle and sear the pork loin on all four sides and the two ends--about 2 minutes per side. Place the pork loin in the roasting. Pour in the cans of stewed tomatoes and the tomato paste, distributing it around the roast. Add the potatoes on top and place in the oven. Roast until interior temperature registers 140-145 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest about 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
Mama's Pork Loin Roast. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.