- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- === MARINADE ===
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. To prepare the marinade, put all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Remove the stems from the portobellos and discard them. Meanwhile, cut six 12-inch-square pieces of foil; when mushrooms are almost done marinating, turn all burners on gas grill to high, close lid, and heat grill until hot, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Remove mushrooms from marinade. Place a foil square on work surface and set mushroom on top, gill-side up; fold foil edges over to enclose mushroom and seal edges. Scrub rack with wire grill brush. Grill mushrooms, with sealed side of foil packet facing up, until juicy and tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Using tongs, unwrap mushrooms and discard foil; set unwrapped mushrooms on rack gill-side up and cook until grill-marked, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from grill and use in one of following recipes.
3. This recipe yields 6 servings.
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms (Modified). To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.