- 9 jalapeños (larger straight ones work best)
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar or other cheese, cut into 18 sticks that will fit inside the jalapeños
- 3 thin slices smoked bacon, each cut crosswise into thirds
- 9 smoked almonds
1. Cut off stem end of the jalapeños and remove the seeds, using the jalapeño corer included with your rack. Be careful not to touch your eyes or face, as the pepper juice can sting. It may help to wear latex gloves to protect your hands.
2. Slice the cheese into uniform sticks just big enough to fit in each jalapeño, and roll each cheese stick with an almond in a slice of bacon. Stuff the wrapped cheese stick into each jalapeño and arrange on the jalapeño rack.
3. Grill the jalapeños by indirect heat at a moderate temperature (about 375ºF/190ºC) until the peppers are tender and lightly browned, about 20 to 30 minutes. For spicier poppers, cook a few minutes less. Enjoy piping hot!
Grilled Jalapeno Poppers. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.