- 14 ½ ounces beef broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- black pepper for garnish, coarsely crushed
- mustard seed for garnish, coarsely crushed
Bring beef broth and whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan. Boil gently until reduced about 2/3; sauce will be thick enough to coat a spoon. To thicken sauce more, in a small dish, mix the arrowroot with the same amount of water. Add to sauce and stir until thickened. Remove from heat; stir butter, a little at a time, until all the butter is melted. Stir in mustard and vinegar, adjusting amounts to taste. Sprinkle with peppercorns and mustard seeds. Makes about 1 cup if scaled at 6 servings.
Dijon-cream sauce. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.