- 4 chicken breast halves without skin
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 whole Italian plum tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
1. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy bottomed skillet. Add the chicken breasts and sauté over medium-high heat, turning the pieces often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the shallots and garlic around the chicken. Cook briefly; add the tarragon, tomatoes, vinegar, capers, wine, and tomato paste. Stir to dissolve brown particles adhering to the bottom of the skillet.
4. Blend well; bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Capers. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.