- For the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup whole milk, more as needed
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese, such as Roquefort or Danish Blue; more to taste
- 1-½ tablespoon finely grated shallot
- 1 clove finely grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
Using low fat versions of the mayo or sour cream makes the dressing fall apart the next day.
1. Make the dressing:
2. In a medium bowl, stir the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, blue cheese, shallot, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to let the flavors develop. Before using, taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary. The dressing will thicken as it sits and may need to be thinned with more milk.
Best Blue Cheese Dressing. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.