- ¼ cup olive oil, 3/4 inch thick
- ⅜ cups balsamic vinegar
- 4 lbs beef tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns
- ⅜ cups mustard seed
- 2 cups Dijon-cream sauce
1. Combine oil and vinegar in a cup; rub onto beef. Season generously with salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, coarsely crush peppercorns and mustard seeds in a blender or food processor or by hand with a mortar and pestle. Roll beef in crushed mixture, pressing it into the surface to coat. Oil hot grid to help prevent sticking. Grill beef, on a covered grill, over medium briquets, 16 to 24 minutes (depending on size and thickness) until meat thermometer inserted in the center almost registers 120 degrees for medium rare. If using a gas grill, heat grill for at least 20 minutes before laying in meat.
2. Turn halfway through cooking.
3. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
4. Slice and serve with a few spoonfuls of sauce.
Beef tenderloin with dijon-cream sauce. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.