- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil (for griddle)
- Pure maple syrup (for serving)
1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, and butter in a medium bowl; stir into dry ingredients until just combined (some lumps are okay).
2. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium; brush with oil. Working in batches, scoop ⅓-cupfuls of batter onto griddle. Cook pancakes until bottoms are golden brown and bubbles form on top, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until cooked through and other side of pancakes are golden brown, about 2 minutes longer. Serve pancakes with maple syrup.
Recipe works well with powdered buttermilk. Mix six tablespoons in a 1 1/4 cup of water.
Ba’s Best Buttermilk Pancakes. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.