- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
1. Special equipment: 2 mini-muffin tins
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Place the almonds, walnuts, apricots, bread crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt in a food processor. Run the machine until the mixture is very finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and the honey and stir to combine.
4. On a dry work surface place 1 sheet of phyllo. Using a pastry brush and the remaining melted butter, lightly cover the entire sheet of phyllo with melted butter. Cover the first sheet with a second sheet of phyllo and brush with melted butter. Continue until there is a stack of 6 sheets of phyllo. Cut the stacked phyllo rectangle into 12 equal pieces (Cut lengthwise into 4 pieces and widthwise into 3 pieces.)
5. Gently press each cut piece of phyllo into the mini-muffin tin cups. Press 1 tablespoon of the nut mixture into each of the phyllo cups. Gather the ends of each of the phyllo squares and twist to make a sachet shape. Continue shaping the remaining sachets in the other mini-muffin tin. Bake until the edges of the phyllo are golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove the baklava sachets and transfer to a serving plate.
Simple Baklava. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.