- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 lb 21/25 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- For garlic-lemon butter
- ⅜ cups butter
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over high heat until smoking. Meanwhile, toss shrimp, salt, pepper, and sugar in medium bowl. Add half of shrimp to pan in single layer and cook until spotty brown and edges turn pink, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; using tongs, flip each shrimp and let stand until all but very center is opaque, about 30 seconds. Transfer shrimp to large plate. Repeat with remaining tablespoon oil and shrimp; after second batch has stood off heat, return first batch to skillet and toss to combine. Cover skillet and let stand until shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
2. Beat 3 tablespoons softened unsalted butter with fork in small bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 medium garlic clove, minced, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon salt until combined. Follow recipe for Pan-Seared Shrimp, adding flavored butter when returning first batch of shrimp to skillet. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
3. The cooking times are for 21/25 shrimp (that is, the size of the shrimp is such that there are 21 to 25 in 1 pound). If 21/25 shrimp are not available, adjust cooking times slightly. Either a nonstick or traditional skillet will work for this recipe, but a nonstick will simplify cleanup.
Pan-Seared Shrimp with Garlic Lemon Butter. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.