- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 13 ½ teaspoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 4 ½ teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons hot red pepper flakes - (to 1 tbspn), or more to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper - (to 1 tbspn)
1. Combine ingredients in a nonreactive mixing bowl; whisk until salt and brown sugar dissolve. Taste for seasoning, adding hot pepper flakes as necessary.
2. Transfer sauce to clean (or even sterile) jars; refrigerate. It will keep for several months.
4. "3 1/2 cups"
North Carolina Vinegar Sauce. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.