- 6 lb haricot verts, stems removed
- ⅜ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces pancetta, diced
- ⅜ cups unsalted butter
- 18 large shallot (See note), peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add haricots verts and cook only 11/2 minutes. Drain immediately and immerse in a bowl of ice water. When haricots verts are cold, drain well.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large heavy- bottomed pot. Add pancetta and cook on medium-low heat about 5 minutes, until crisp, stirring often. Move pancetta to a paper towel to drain; discard fat from pan.
3. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and the butter in the same pot; add shallots and saute over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly browned. Add drained haricots verts to shallots and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook only until beans are heated through. Serve immediately with crisp pancetta on top.
Haricot verts with shallots and pancetta. To import, drag image to your MacGourmet recipe box.